Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Cindy has a few tips for keeping the romance alive ...

In early February I sent out a blog entry entitled, “Keep the Romance Alive in Your Marriage.” In case you missed it, check it out. Almost immediately, I received a note from Cindy. Allow me to share her exact submission.

“Matt and I are celebrating our 7th year together this year (and our 2nd wedding anniversary already!), so in response to your inquiry about our ideas and activities here are a few things that Matt and I do in order to keep the romance alive.

I leave Matt notes frequently. In years past I used this as a way to communicate when we had little time together during the day. Now I use it as a way to let him know I am thinking about him. I use materials I have around the office to make little cards for him and then I write in them. He has kept all the notes I ever wrote him over the past 7 years. I don’t want him to ever think that he is not constantly on my mind.

I keep track of how often we are intimate together. Life can get so busy that too much time can pass between love-makings if I don’t consciously think about when was the last time. So keeping track of it, even mentally, helps me make time for intimacy which helps strengthen our relationship.

We take ‘snuggle naps’ together on the couch and spend time everyday just lying in each other’s arms, even if we’re just watching TV. We started this a few years ago when our work schedules finally started to coincide. I would get home by 4 PM, make dinner, Matt would come home by 5 PM, we would eat and then take a nap together before I had to go to class at 7 PM. We enjoyed this time together so much that we have continued it for years now. There is something so special about lying in each other’s arms with our bodies pressed together.

Thank you for all the suggestions. I will be using them and I look forward to sharing your blog with Matt later today. Warmest Regards…Cindy”


Thank you for sharing Cindy. Now others can begin to invigorate us with their ideas and suggestions.
Blessings…Rev. Elisheva

No comments: